Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

1/22/06

KOSOVAREPORT: SRSG statement on the passing of President Ibrahim Rugova of Kosovo

KOSOVAREPORT

SRSG statement on the passing of President Ibrahim Rugova of Kosovo

PRISTINA - SRSG Søren Jessen-Petersen issued the following statement upon learning of the passing of President Ibrahim Rugova:

“This is a moment of profound sorrow for Kosovo and I share your sadness and grief.

I wish first of all to extend my heartfelt condolences, in my own name and on behalf of all of UNMIK, to President Rugova’s family – may you find strength and comfort in each other and in your faith to see you through this very painful moment.

I also want to extend my condolences to the people of Kosovo and the PISG. President Rugova’s unwavering belief in his vision for Kosovo, which he pursued so determinedly throughout his life, earned him the respect of not only the people of Kosovo but also the wider international community."

No comments: