Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

2/2/07

BBC NEWS: The Berlusconi guide to marital harmony - by Megan Lane

For the complete report from the BBC NEWS click on this link

The Berlusconi guide to marital harmony - by Megan Lane

When the flamboyant former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi made flirtatious comments to two lovely young things at an awards ceremony last week, his overtures were overheard and splashed across the media. His long-suffering second wife of 20 years, Veronica Lario, demanded an apology. None was forthcoming, so she wrote an open letter to a national newspaper headlined "My husband owes me a public apology."

Mr Berlusconi concurred and penned his own letter to the media. "Dear Veronica, here is my apology. I was recalcitrant in private because I am playful and also proud." He adds that when in the company of beautiful women, "the temptation to respond is strong and I did not resist". Viva Italia ?

No comments: