Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

2/9/07

The Telegraph: Chirac prepares to bid France Adieu - by Henry Samuel

For the complete report in the Telegraph click on this link

Chirac prepares to bid France Adieu - by Henry Samuel

After keeping his rivals and the French electorate guessing over whether he would stand for a third presidential term, Mr Chirac gave his strongest indication yet that he would not seek to contest the April election.

During the programme, the presenter, Michel Drucker, asked Mr Chirac whether he had thought of life after the presidency. Mr Chirac replied: "I am not someone who lives in the cult of the past. I have given myself entirely in the mission assigned to me in the service of the French. One can approve of it, criticise it, it matters little. I have always tried to act for the French. If I have no more responsibilities of this nature, I will try to serve France in another way."

No comments: