Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

3/3/07

winnipegsun.com - Not so free in Germany - by Joseph Quesnel

For the complete report by the winnipegsun.com click on this linkNot so free in Germany - by Joseph Quesnel

Not so free in Germany - by Joseph Quesnel

"I will forgo the pleasure of drinking German lager and eating sauerkraut for the foreseeable future and I ask freedom lovers to consider joining me. I am joining an international boycott of German goods because of that country's drift away from fundamental freedoms.

The most ominous example is the Busekros family. An online petition is calling for a boycott of German products due to their treatment. The horrendous crime of this family, and others across Germany, is they chose to homeschool their children, a right taken for granted here. Homeschooling is illegal there, and authorities seem out for blood.

The essence of a free state is the existence of pluralistic civil society where different choices are permitted. The German authorities apparently do not respect the convictions of religious communities which believe family ought to be the first teacher, not the omnipotent state. My parents considered homeschooling me out of concerns over the expunging of Christianity from public schools. I'm glad we did not live in Germany."

No comments: