Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

3/22/09

VeloNews: Tour de France - Armstrong: ‘No guarantees’ to win Tour again - by Andrew Hood

For the complete report from VeloNews click on this link

Tour de France - Armstrong: ‘No guarantees’ to win Tour again - by Andrew Hood

The seven-time Tour champion is confident he will attain a high level come July, but admitted he cannot take for granted he will be the same rider who won barnstormed to seven consecutive titles from 1999-2005. “It’s hard to say. In the past, I was always riding to win. We’re not there yet. Frankly, I don’t know if I will get back there,” he said Friday in a press conference. “This experiment, if you want to call it that, has never been attempted before. Would I like to be? Yes, I’d like to be competitive.”

At 37, and after more than three years away from competitive cycling, Armstrong cannot count on winning as dominantly as he did during his previous reign.

No comments: