Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

4/5/09

Orlando Baptist Examiner: President Obama's Easter card - Bobby Amadeus

For the complete report from the Orlando Baptist Examiner click on this link

President Obama's Easter card - by Bobby Amadeus

There is a card currently for sale at Target in the US that displays a proud picture of the US highest elected official, President Obama, with the words “On Easter, there is nothing more important than HOPE!” Bobby Amadeus writes: "reading it, I actually paused to reconsider my impression of the man because he is right.

On Easter (as well as any other day), “there is nothing more important than HOPE!” So when I saw the card on the rack proclaiming “On Easter, there is nothing more important than HOPE!” I slowly picked up the card, opened it, and read the inside: HOPE the EASTER BUNNY visits you… HOPE you get TONS of CANDY…HOPE you get LOTS of CHOCOLATE… After reading the inside, I paused again. I took a deep breath. I put the card back on the shelf."

Note EU-Digest: "It is amazing to see to what length some of the Christian churches and also those of other denominations in America are still going to put politics into their sermons. For some reason especially the conservatives in US religious communities have come to the believe that Christ belongs only to them. How wrong they are".

No comments: